Welcome home to this stunning contemporary Mediterranean located in the most desirable area of Montclair- The Glen Highlands. This special property offers it all. An expansive 5 bedroom (4 ensuite) 4 ½ bathroom home with a floor plan designed for today's modern lifestyle… the need to spread out. Here you will find authentic Mediterranean architectural details throughout- vaulted wood beamed ceilings, wrought iron details, rich stone selections and sun-filled rooms with glorious views of San Francisco and the Bay. The kitchen successfully balances function and fashion. Here, with its top-of-the-line appliances to the rich wood cabinetry and elegant stone countertops, this is the heart of the home. It’s where we live, spend time with family & friends and create memories. A spacious and luxurious primary suite with a private office and a true spa-bathroom with stone floors and countertops. From this suite, slide open the doors to a private balcony with outlooks of the Montclair hillside and the San Francisco Bay. For fun and play, it doesn’t get much better than this! The backyard offers a large level lawn, Bocci ball court and your own private mini-basketball court! Location, location, location… Just a little over 1.5 miles to the heart of Montclair Village for fabulous shops, dining, top ranked schools, Trans Bay Bus Line to SF, and the coveted Lake Temescal Park. All of this and a few minutes to the freeway. Relax, have a glass of wine, take in the view and settle in. You are home.
IMPROVEMENTS & HIGHLIGHTS OF 6361 FAIRLANE DR
During our nearly 20 years as the first and only owners of this lovely home, we made a number of improvements to the home to suit our needs and to make the house a home.
- Repainted the exterior of the home in 2018 with the services of Kent Painting and Finishes using Kelly Moore Paint.
- Refurbished the deck off the family room and primary bedroom with a wood deck.
- Utilized the services of Kinetico Water Systems to convert our water softener system to a bulk washing carbon processing system to enhance the water quality in 2015. The water from the city was soft enough to meet our needs.
- Replaced the hot water recirculating pump in 2021. This pump moves hot water throughout the house for a preset time frame so less water is used to get hot water to shower heads and faucets.
- Replaced both garage doors openers with the Genie model #3042 units, in 2017 using a professional installer, AJ Doors.
- Utilized the services of Water Emporium to provide service work to the drinking water system; replacing sediment/carbon, membrane and post carbon filter as needed.
- Planted a lemon tree, orange tree, palmetto tree and kumquat tree in the back yard.
- Installed new exterior landscape lighting with a timer for the walkway and provides uplighting on the home.
- Installed a motion sensor activated light to the West facing exterior stairway.
- Added two wine racks to the crawl space with the capacity of 182 bottles of wine. Given the cool and consistent climate in the crawl space, it has proven to be a great space to store wine.
- Upgraded from a microwave oven to built-in Jenn-Air steam oven in 2015 to enhance the quality of reheating food with the help of steam. This unit only requires a 120v outlet so the energy usage is lower than a unit requiring 240 V.
- Replaced seven windows and three sliding doors on the sun exposed backside of the home using Marvin Low-e glass doors and windows. Family room window needed attention so we choose to replace all the windows on the back of the home for aesthetic purposes.
- Periodically repainted mail box, rod iron work, wood deck, wood garage doors and front door.
- Replaced two worn wood planks at the bottom of the side stairway.
- Replaced two cracked terracotta tiles on the front walkway.
A FEW THINGS WE LIKE
- Our Mediterranean architecture
- 5” plank pecan floors stained with a hickory finish
- Curved archways inside the home
- Textured wall treatments
- Awesome Bay views
- Montclair and Temescal Farmers Markets
- Easy access to great dining
- Quick freeway accessibility
- Quiet neighborhood
- Nice hills to walk the neighborhood for exercise
- Access to Lake Temescal in walking distance
- Dry cleaners, banks, coffee shops and grocery options in nearby Montclair